Sony has announced the programme for gamescom 2019 from 20 to 24 August at the PlayStation stand in Hall 7 (Stand A-010). The following games will be presented or can be played:
- “Death Stranding: New content from Hideo Kojima’s upcoming masterpiece will be shown in a cinema at the PlayStation booth.
- Marvel’s Iron Man VR: gamescom 2019 offers consumers the opportunity to try out a demo of the action-packed PlayStation VR spectacle Marvel’s Iron Man VR.
- Dreams: If you’re still undecided whether or not to take part in Early Access, you can get your own impression of the dream workshop at gamescom 2019.
- Concrete Genie: For the first time, visitors to the fair will be able to swing their brushes in the upcoming PS4 adventure.
- MediEvil: The completely revised remake of the PS1 classic will be playable for the first time in Europe at this year’s gamescom.
- ReadySet Heroes: The Coop Dungeon Crawler and Arena Crawler announced with the latest State of Play video can be tested for the first time in Europe.”
In addition, the following third-party games are playable:
- “Final Fantasy 7 Remake: Visitors can experience the highly anticipated Final Fantasy 7 remake for the first time in Europe. The demo presents the new production of the cult game, which redefines the RPG genre.
- Call of Duty: Modern Warfare: At the Sony booth, fans will have the chance to be among the first to play the most revolutionary multiplayer experience of the entire Call of Duty series with unprecedented intensity and authenticity.
- Control: At the PlayStation stand, consumers can leave physical laws behind in this 3rd-person action adventure.
- Granblue Fantasy: Versus: The Beat’em-Up, which is set in the world by the successful Japanese RPG Granblue Fantasy, can be played for the first time in Europe at the fair.”
Sony continues: “In addition to the numerous presentation areas and playing options, there is a separate lounge exclusively for visitors with an active PlayStation Plus membership. Back again is the central PlayStation stage with a comprehensive programme. Among other things, the finals of the FIFA 19 Cologne Cup will be held here, in which the world’s best FIFA players will compete against each other. Visitors can get the most out of the Cologne fair with the official PlayStation Experience app for iOS and Android. Visitors can book appointments for coveted matches at the PlayStation stand on the morning of the respective day of the fair to significantly reduce waiting times (only while stocks last). The app also offers all the important information about the stage programme and all the games presented at the stand. PlayStation Plus members also have access to other exclusive benefits.”