The Japanese game developer Nintendo is bringing some classic games to this year’s Gamescom. For example, you can go hunting in Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield. The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening is also included. As well as “The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt – Complete Edition”. The Olympic Games and a live tournament will make it sporty.
The Gamescom games fair is slowly approaching. From 20 August to 24 August, Nintendo is bringing some new editions of well-known game series to Gamescom, Europe’s largest games trade fair. These include the two new Pokémon games “Pokémon Sword” and “Pokémon Shield”. These role-playing games take the player to the Galar region. The goal: Become a Champ. In addition, another classic comes to the hybrid console – “The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening”. The new Zelda adventure is a remake of the classic Game Boy version. Link is shipwrecked and washed up on the beach of Cocolint Island. To get back home, there are several challenges to overcome. There will also be 2D rooms in the remake, as well as guest appearances of characters that do not belong to The Legend of Zelda series.
Luigi’s Horror Holiday
In “Luigi’s Mansion 3” Luigi, Mario and friends are invited to a luxurious hotel. But the generous invitation turns out to be a trap. In the typical tradition of Super Mario, players have to fight their way through the different floors. The new F-LU fright path can be helpful, as Luigi can blow away phantoms or bring a doppelganger Fluigi into play. A total of eight players can compete simultaneously against the clock to find out who can get through the floors the fastest.
Next year the Olympic Games will take place in Tokyo. Nintendo is also releasing the sports game “Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games: Tokyo 2020”. This time, four new disciplines are on the programme: skateboarding, karate, surfing and sport climbing. Up to four players can compete against each other locally, and a maximum of eight players can compete for medals in online mode.
The Witcher 3 – Premiere
For the first time it will be possible to view the version for the Nintendo Switch. The Complete Edition contains all contents of the main game. As hunter Geralt of Riva you fight against monsters and all kinds of dark creatures in the dark Middle Ages. The goal is to find the child of prophesy and change the world. Also in the version for the Switch, the city of Novigrad is the setting for the world of the Witcher. The gameplay is supposed to entertain on more than 150 hours.
Live event to “Super Smash Bros Ultimate”
On Youtube as well as live in Cologne you can watch the competitions around the game “Super Smash Bros Ultimate”. The best players of the last Team Cup will compete against each other on August 22nd. The fans can decide in advance who exactly will compete against whom in a vote. The winners win a trip to Japan and take part in the World Challenge Cup on 14 October. They will compete as a European team against the best “Super Smash Bro” players from Japan and North America.
Facts about the Nintendo appearance for Gamescom 2019:
- Nintendo brings two new Pokemon games to Gamescom – Pokemon Sword and Pokemon Shield.
- There will also be a new game from the Mario series. In Luigi’s Mansion 3, Mario, Luigi and his friends are in a luxury hotel.
- “The Witcher 3” is also shown as a version for the Nintendo Switch.
- As a special guest, Zelda returns to the Nintendo Switch. As a remake of “The Legend of Zelda: Link’s Awakening”, which made its Game Boy debut 26 years ago.
- Mario & Sonic will also be on display at the Olympic Games: Tokyo 2020″ is a game suitable for the upcoming Olympics. In addition to the virtual sport on the console, the best players of “Super Smash Bro Ultimate” can also experience the competition live in Cologne.
- Gamescom will take place from 20 August to 24 August in Cologne.